What are the best refrigerators? What is the best refrigerator brand? Multiple thousands of consumers ponder these questions every day. Buzzrake collected numerous opinions on fridges from various websites and came up with the following insights:
- The factor most mentioned by users (20% of all opinions) is the refrigerator's noise level. This is especially crucial in small apartments, where you do NOT want the compressor to start moaning in the middle of the night.
- Space is a major consideration; user opinions indicate a strong correlation between roomy interiors and high satisfaction ratings.
- Users also care about overall value, appearance, quality and reliability, in that order.
- The best rated brands are LG and Whirlpool. LG is considered the best designed brand, while Whirlpool is ranked #1 for reliability. GE follows close behind, with the best scores for overall value.
- The majority of the leading refrigerator models are quite pricey, with an average online price of around $2200. In general, cheaper units (that aren't mini-fridges) consistently receive low cumulative ratings.
Buzzrake calculated a score for each refrigerator based on the factors users find most important. Following is a list of the best refrigerators on the market, according to these scores.