Sick and tired of hand washing dishes, but don't want to break the bank? We have great news for you - you can afford a spectacular dishwasher, even on a budget. Sure, there are some great pricey models out there, but user opinions show that there is a selection of awesome models for $600 or less. What's more, the top inexpensive models listed below are some of the best dishwashers on the market, period. Let's bust some myths about cheap (at least when it comes to dishwashers):
- "Cheap means crap." Nope! The top 3 models listed below have some of the highest cumulative scores among all dishwashers. These scores take into account what users have to say about things like cleaning efficiency and noise level, as well as their overall satisfaction with the product.
- "Cheap means small." Wrong again! While countertop models are the majority of inexpensive dishwashers, there is quite a large selection of full-sized built-in ones and portable ones too.
- "Cheap means simple." Not true. Some of the smaller models will have fewer options, but almost all of them offer 5-6 wash cycles and a delay-start option. About half of the models have an NSF-certified sanitizing option and adjustable racks.
- "Cheap now will cost me more later." Nuh-uh. Most budget-friendly dishwashers score higher than average for reliability. They'll probably last you just as long as a pricier model - if not longer. Pretty neat.
What IS true about inexpensive dishwashers, then?
- You'll have less of a selection when it comes to looks. The vast majority of inexpensive models have a control panel on the front, rather than hidden. So if you like the sleek look of a fully-integrated dishwasher, you'll have to add a few bucks. In addition, there aren't very many stainless steel (or "stainless steel look") units in this price range.
- They are noisier. While the average decibel rating for all dishwashers is around 49 dBA, the inexpensive models average around 54 dBA. Indeed, users report that they make far more noise than larger dishwashers.
Don't be deterred, though! As mentioned, the top inexpensive dishwashers are some of the highest ranked models on the market. Check out the fabulous units below - all great options that won't cost you an arm and a leg.