With the right washer, doing laundry can be a walk in the park. However, the energy bill doesn't have to spike too high. A number of things will determine the energy consumption of your washing machine:
- The number of people in your household. How many loads you do, how large they are and how often the machine is run.
- The type of washer. Top loading washers reportedly consume far more electricity and water than front loading units.
- Water temperature. Washing in warm or hot temperatures increases energy consumption.
Regardless, some machines are still more energy efficient than others - even when you're doing 3 loads a day in warm water in your top loading washer.
The purchasing process is always the most difficult part. The million dollar question is, how can you find the most energy efficient washer with so many options available? It's not possible to test run all the washers and calculate the energy efficiency of each. However, with the guidance of customer opinions, you can assess and choose the best. Buzzrake collected opinions from all over the web, where users reported a change in their energy bill or lower energy costs than expected.
- Currently, the top ranking energy efficient washers are from renowned brands such as kenmore and Whirlpool.
- From analyzing numerous user opinions, we have identified that energy efficient washers are also praised for their high performance, so you're often getting a great product that does a great job.
- One disadvantage of these machines is that they are not as quiet, on average. Therefore, they are not suitable for doing laundry during wee hours of the night in small apartments.
Many potential buyers shy away from washers due to fear of high energy bills. However, with the right energy efficient washer, you can be sure that energy consumption--and the bill that is attached--is kept to a minimum.
An energy efficient washer will be a great addition to your home. Laundry duty can be made an easy house chore that doesn't drain all your electricity.