Grills come in all shapes an sizes, with different features and options. The price range on them is vast, with portable disposable grills costing under $20, and impressive propane models costing hundreds. If you've been shopping around, you've probably seen those models and wondered: "What is it about them? Why spend $400 and not $100 or $200?"
We've collected thousands of opinions about grills from across the web to try and answer that question. By analyzing the opinions we were able to find out what makes the high end grills stand out from the rest. You're going to want to read this.
- Almost double the BTU. You read that right. Expensive grills offer much more grilling power. Pricey grills offer about 43,000 BTU on average, whereas the rest offer about 29,000.
- Much larger cooking area. You are literally getting more for your money here.
- More burners. High end grills have 1 more burner on average than cheaper models, and almost all high end propane models have a side burner.
How else are $400+ grills different from the rest?
- Quality: users report that pricey models are of much higher quality on average. They are also, reportedly, more durable.
- Performance: grills with higher price tags produce more satisfactory results, are quicker to heat up and better temperature control for the user.
- Overall satisfaction: users are generally more pleased with these units on average, and even find them to be better looking than most.
So while it may be difficult to think about spending so much money on a grill - particularly if you don't host barbecues that often - you can at least rest assured that you'd be getting a spectacular product. With thousands of users on your side, you can make your choice with confidence.